Church membership numbers not good.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Church membership numbers not good.

Post by Marcus »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:18 am
MG, I found the picture you posted shocking. I believe you are living inside a serious confusion filled with fear and resentment of others.
Incredibly shocking. The labels are disturbing. This is on the level of DezNat bizarreness. Mentalgymnast, is that really how you see the world?
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

huckelberry wrote:
MG, I found the picture you posted shocking. I believe you are living inside a serious confusion filled with fear and resentment of others.
Nope.

What I do see is a generation that is being steered into a woke mentality where only certain opinions and viewpoints are acceptable. I need go no farther than today’s news.

And this is a black man.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/allen-wes ... ds-victims

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... sity-event

If you don’t like Fox News or the Examiner you can read about this incident on another outlet. Although it might not be ‘news’ on some of them. Interesting.

This kind of stuff happens all the time and the leftists give it a pass because it helps their agenda move forward.

What I do fear is that there are too many people that are ‘woke’ and not awake.

Were you even aware of this story?

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:54 pm
Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:07 pm

Wang Chung, while I have you here…you never answered me when I challenged this assertion and diatribe you posted:
I know MG in real life. He's as douchey in real life as he is online. I know that our poster JK Williams thinks MG is okay in real life, but JK Williams is just like Will Rogers when it comes to people.
I called you out as I liar. To set the record clear, I still believe you are. Unless, of course, you would like to PM me and set the record straight. I know that in a world of moral relativism this may not even matter to many folks here or to you. Be that as it may, I’d still be interested, even at this late date, why you wrote this scurrilous post?

You actually disappeared for a while after this incident.

To my knowledge I do not know you in real life. Nor do I think I would want to.

Why did you even say this?

Regards,
MG
*bump

Haven’t received a PM yet.

Are you a moral relativist? If so, that’s about the only way I can see that you can live with yourself.

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Mentalgymnast, can you please start a separate thread?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:38 pm
Just to get back to the topic,
dastardly stem wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:28 pm
I was going to put the rest of my updated charts here that I've shared before, but the board says my quota is reached. I'll see if I can figure it out later, for any interested parties.
Hi d stem, what’s the deal with a quota like that? I hope someone can figure that out, I’m sure it’s just a random setting from the switchover.

Anyway, I like seeing your charts so I hope you don’t mind I experimented with posting your ibb link to see if it would bring them over as images:

huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

MG. your picture condemned a much larger group of people than some jackass students heckling a speaker.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:26 pm
How about forgetting about religions based on ancient Semitic war-gods (with all the associated dressing up and rituals), and human beings getting together to find ways to solve the problems that currently threaten continued human existence on this planet, on the basis that no-one else is there to do the job for us?
Yeah, like that’s worked out real well. The only real solution is the gospel of Jesus Christ and obedience to His commandments. Especially the two great commandments.

The gospel also teaches us to be good stewards over the world/planet.

Throughout history the majority of folks have either ignored or rebelled against the fullness of the gospel. Sadly, this is also true even in our day and time.

Good luck saving the world, Chap.
I think that the claim about the gospel teaching us to ‘be good stewards over the world/planet’ is a pretty hard sell, given the paucity of gospel verses that could be claimed to be about that, and the general attitudes of the majority of strong Christians regarding subjects such as climate change or energy conservation. Looks like we’ll need to draw additional inspiration from non-gospel sources.

The crap may hit the fan within our lifetime. The great reset is already in motion. It will take a large groundswell of folks at this point in time to turn things around.

I doubt you’ll be part of that groundswell. Everything is hunky dory and we’re doing an awesome job solving humanities problems on our own without God, aren’t we?

Regards,
MG
I don’t see that they’re necessarily being solved with God, either, but I’m open to some good examples.

I suppose if you had your way you would be in favor of taking “In God We Trust” off of the coinage of the U.S., open up abortion clinics in every city, and close down religious institutions and churches. We would all be happier and more free, right?
Interesting choices to highlight. Who would be very publicly and noisily unhappy if just the first two events occurred, and why?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:41 am
huckelberry wrote:
Nope.

What I do see is a generation that is being steered into a woke mentality where only certain opinions and viewpoints are acceptable. I need go no farther than today’s news.

And this is a black man.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/allen-wes ... ds-victims

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... sity-event

If you don’t like Fox News or the Examiner you can read about this incident on another outlet. Although it might not be ‘news’ on some of them. Interesting.

This kind of stuff happens all the time and the leftists give it a pass because it helps their agenda move forward.

What I do fear is that there are too many people that are ‘woke’ and not awake.

Were you even aware of this story?

Regards,
MG
What a post, mentalgymnast.
Well, I guess you’re not going to let the topic return to the OP, so in response to your post…. Huh. I don’t see that. But I do see posts from you derailing threads for as long as you have been here, dictating what opinions and viewpoints YOU deem acceptable. We need go no further than every thread you’ve posted in recently. You regularly try to browbeat others for not agreeing with your “opinions and viewpoints.”

But this latest, especially combined with the pic you posted, is really veering into DezNat territory, which even your religious leaders condemn. What changed? Why are you pushing this radical hate and disparagement?
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:58 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:20 pm
Women should be supported in their effort to reject and be protected from sexual manipulation by bosses and powerful men. Womens career success should be respected. The racial problems in America should be recognized and continued effort made to relieve the problems.
Agreed.

Do you see any one or more of the labels of organizations/institutions/groups in this picture as being part of ‘wokeness’? Besides Liberty, of course. 🙂

If not, we’ll simply have to agree to disagree.

By the way, in reference to the ‘Democratic Party’ label, I’m referring to today’s Democratic Party, not the party of Tip O’Neill that we grew up with.

This thread is going way off track. Some have already complained. I think I’m going to move out and let it go back to its original flow unless I’m forced to come back in here.

Ha ha.

Regards,
MG
As a representative of the Church, you make the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints look pretty bad. Personally, I don’t think membership statistics prove much in the way of the Church being in decline— but this kind of crap sure does. The active members I know and love would be horrified.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:29 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:24 pm

So do you doubt the existence of the gods? Or are you convinced that gods exists?
I think I’ve said enough on this for you to know my thoughts in regards to the questions you’re asking.I’m not going down that road with you now/again.

As I mentioned on another thread, you need to go back and read what I’ve written elsewhere. That seems to be a common problem around here. Bringing up stuff that has already been discussed.

Type in some keywords on a board search. You might find what you’re looking for.

Regards,
MG
I have a better idea. Try searching down there. Let me know what you find.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll: